Friday, September 30, 2011

Happy weekend...


Isn't this photo amazing?  It's of Drew Barrymore's grandmother, Dolores Costello, who was known as the "Goddess of the Silver Screen." I think she's absolutely spell-binding.  And just gorgeous!  

Speaking of thespians, I'm leaving work early to watch my little actor in his Celebrating Cultures Parade at school.  It should be pretty hilarious / endearing.  I always get a kick out of watching Dylan in front of a crowd.  His level of interaction is pretty hit or miss, but last time he belted out the song at the top of his lungs and then bowed at the end.  We'll see if he's shy and timid this time.  But, after his soccer theatrics I've been wondering if he belongs in an acting class.

We have a weekend full of organizing, cleaning and cooking up some casseroles to freeze.  I'm having surgery next Thursday so this is my last chance to get things in order before I'm ordered to bed.  Eeeks!

Here are some fun links to love...

I found this post about Dolores and the beautiful Barrymore women fascinating.





I don't know how this is possible, but there is a National Coffee Day and I didn't know about it.

Speaking of coffee!  We use this magical machine to make ours.  It is so good.

I'm definitely making this snack this weekend.  You should, too!

The Diner En Blanc looks out of this world in the best possible way.  How do the French get it so right?

Plus some Meyer on the Wire posts you may have missed:


xo!
steph

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...