Thursday, January 6, 2011

January Fresh


I know spring gets all of the hoop-lah when it comes to cleaning house, but I've always gotten a major organization bug in January.  This is most likely a direct result of my post-holiday home being covered in a smattering of wrapping paper, shopping bags, glitter, tape and what seems to be an endless number of random pine needles. Combine these elements with the horrid six o'clock darkness that keeps us inside and I am forced to come to terms with the amount of crap accumulating in, on and around my little abode.  Because, here's a dirty secret about me: I'm messy.  But, few things make me happier than organizing and, when I do it, I'm really good at it.

Regardless of why, come January my OCD heart starts to pitter-patter with organizational excitement.  I day-dream of perfectly staged vanity, pantry and laundry room shelves.  Canvas baskets and rows of white bins are the keys to my heart.  My idea of pillow-talk is Paul turning to me and asking, "Would you like me to help you organize the closets by color?"

Yes, darling, yes I would.

Mostly this kind of purging produces a wonderful sense of order in our home and leaves me feeling refreshed and in control.  But, every year at this time I also end up convincing myself that the only way I can survive is with a, for lack of a better description, craft room (for some reason I hate this phrase).  By the time I am done designing it, it usually costs us $50,000.  (But, that includes pouring a concrete slab for the addition, so don't think I'm totally nuts.  Concrete is expensive people.)

Luckily, my purging usually keeps me up until all hours of the night for multiple nights in a row, so I usually get so tired that I forget about my Martha Stewart worthy addition.  And, in case you haven't already decided that I actually am crazy, you should  know that Paul has a 2,000 square foot art studio next to our house, so a measly little "craft" room for me is hardly too much to ask.  Right?

For all of you other self-proclaimed organizational crazies enthusiasts: some eye-candy.










If you are like me and these pictures only make you crave more organized goodness, visit Pinterest and you'll be happy for hours.  You can find the links to all of these photos on my Pinterest board, here.

xo,
steph

p.s. I feel the need to admit to you all that I did, in fact, organize my ever-growing ribbon addiction collection by color this week.  It. is. so. awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...