Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Resolved to Resolve


I never make resolutions for the new year.  Really, I can't remember a time when making a list of new year resolutions even occurred to me.  I guess it's the impending doom linked to new year goals: even lists with the best intentions seem marked with inevitable failure when written at the beginning of the year.

But for some unknown reason, this year, I feel inclined to write down the things most important to me and try my best to make them happen.  Some part of me wants to set goals and see my aspirations on paper instead of leaving them to swirl around in my head.  And, this year, the difference is that it doesn't matter to me if some of them are left undone or unfinished or even if they change completely.

In August, I'll be 30 (!) and I really can't wait.  Seriously, I'm beyond excited to say, "Sayonara!," to my twenties.  But, when I think about this milestone, I think about how fast it all went.  Three years ago I had a baby.  A baby who is now a little boy and who called me babe yesterday and asked the UPS delivery man if he was cold with the doors open.  How did this happen in the blink of an eye?

Suddenly, it doesn't matter to me if or when I meet my goals.  It just matters that I have them and that I know them.  I'm still working on mine, but I loved reading Grace's on Design*Sponge and Jordan from Oh Happy Day! has a 30 things before 30 list that I find totally inspiring, too.  And, if you've never checked out Mighty Girl's Mighty Life List, you should.  I think I read the entire thing with my mouth open: it made me motivated and also terrified me.   Aren't I weird?

What about you?  Are you a resolution maker?

xo,
steph

{image via ffffound}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...