Friday, October 8, 2010

happy weekend...


I am so glad it is Friday.  So is Dylan.  He held my face this morning and looked at me earnestly and said, "Don't wanna go to school taday mama."  And then my heart melted into a puddle on the floor.  Normally, I would cuddle with him by the fire and talk about the tractors and cows he will see on the way to school, but this morning the minutes seemed to tick by faster and faster and we all were rushing out the door.  When I tucked Dylan into his car seat I reminded him that today was Friday so tomorrow we all get to stay home and play.  "Ok, mama.  That's good," he said.  I totally agree.

Paul and I are going to a wedding tonight.  I'm actually looking forward to getting dressed up and spending a night out with my main man.  We were thinking of venturing back up to Chappell Hill this weekend to go to the Scarecrow Festival.  There are pony rides and a petting zoo and Dylan would go crazy with excitement.  But, I have a feeling we all may just curl up in our pj's and be homebodies.  We made our own scarecrows last year and I think it would be fun to do again.  Plus, Jack the donkey lives next door so we can pretend we have our own petting zoo, right?

Here is some link love for the weekend:


A sweet nature mobile.  Isn't Joel the coolest?


From field to table.  I want one of each, please.


Great prints from great artists.  And they come framed, too.


A schnauzer + a pug.  It's a schnug.  I die.

xo,
steph

p.s. My ten year high school reunion is this weekend in St. Louis.  I so wanted to go back, but we just couldn't make it work.  I moved my senior year of high school, but had gone to school with my tiny little class of 95 or so since 7th grade.  I'll miss seeing everyone in person, but I am so thankful for the social networks out there that make keeping in touch possible.  Can you imagine not having Facebook?  I am certain I wouldn't have any clue what was going on with the people I grew up with or went to high school in St. Louis with.  I am so glad I do.  I hope all my old WCA friends have a great time this weekend.  Sending you all good wishes from Texas!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...