Monday, June 27, 2011

Favorite things

Lately, Dylan has been having a hard time with Monday mornings.  He gets weepy and sad and tells us how much he doesn't want to go to school.  It breaks my heart.  One of the songs we sing is "My Favorite Things" from Sound of Music.  So, each morning, we've started thinking of our favorite things to ponder when we are sad or miss each other during the day.  Dylan is slowly catching on, but I find it helps me get through Mondays, and every other day, too.

Here are a few of my favorite things from our weekend...

Dylan started swimming!  At least, going completely underwater + blowing bubbles.
Next up: learning to float!
Paul is working on a new pool concept.
To help me understand, he made a diagram: using Ritz crackers, matchsticks and blueberry yogurt.
I love him for putting up with my visual learning requirements.

The kitties took naps.  All day.
Which isn't different than any other day, really, except that I get to witness the coziness in action.


What favorite things were a part of your weekend?  I hope there were lots of them!



p.s. Happy Birthday to Katherine Murray Cox!  We are so happy you are here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...