Monday, December 20, 2010

The Christmas Bug...


The impossible may have happened.  I may have caught the dreaded Christmas Bug.  My husband may have been born with the Christmas Bug and there are a few other unfortunates I know who have fallen victim to this awful spell...

It's the bah hum BUG.

That's right.  I'm admitting it: Bah Humbug.

I don't know what is happening, but, people, this year Christmas is kicking my ass.  Between work, dealing with a sick household and seemingly a million other "issues" I was barely hanging onto the Christmas spirit.  And then...

Our tree died.  DIED.  Are you kidding me?  And, yes, it's really dead.  The most dead a tree can be.  I can't tell you how devastating I find this.  As a believer of real Christmas trees, I cringe thinking of all the  households still enjoying the glow of their fake Christmas tree.  And I hang my head in shame with jealously.  Sigh.  Anyway... I spent last night taking down our Christmas ornaments (tear).  By the time we took the lights off there were only about four pine needles left on what was once our {glorious} Christmas tree.

So, I'm trying to find humor in cynicism and find the beauty in the season {like the pretty flowers above}.  I do, after all, love getting together with both sides of the family and eating wonderful food!  I'm hoping my man and I can also snag a movie date to go see Little Fockers for a holiday belly laugh.

And, since it's been 10 days (!) since my last post, I'm guessing you figured out that this holiday season also kicked my little novice blogger butt.  I wasn't nearly organized enough!  So, for my three dedicated readers...sorry!  Maybe next year I'll get my act together.  Although at this point, I'm thinking a Christmas vacation sounds pretty dandy for 2011.

I'm officially signing off until after the holidays...although you never know, maybe I'll pop back in and post a lil' somethin', somethin' {no promises}.

Hope you have a bah humbug free holiday...sending my love to you and yours!

xo,
steph

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...