Monday, August 9, 2010

Hello Mr. Dyson

{photo by LNmaze on flickr}
Ok, I'll be honest: I've always hated the hype over those silly Dyson vacuums.  I thought they were grossly overpriced and who can stand those commercials with the pretentious Dyson designer and his accent?  I clung to my beloved Electrolux as only a die-hard lover of vintage would.  "No! I will not buy into the hyper-allergenic, bag-less, Dyson mantra," I thought to myself.  Sigh.  And then my house was broken into and my lovely Electrolux canister vacuum was stolen and when I went to Best Buy on Saturday I was distracted by the shiny, blue Dyson canister vacuum...on sale.  And I caved.

I bought a Dyson.

And it rocks my world.

I take back everything I said.  Except for the part about the designer...his voice just oozes snob.

Aside from the sale highlight of my weekend, the rest of of our time was pretty low-key.  Poor Dylan was sick since Thursday night and didn't break his fever until Sunday.  We read lots of books, watched Finding Nemo and played a little bit in the yard.  Despite the horrid heat of the day, the evenings are actually really nice outside.  So we sat and looked at our knock-out roses and drank iced tea and watched Dylan play in the dirt and talked about all the plans we have for our little place in the country.  love.

xo,
steph

1 comment:

  1. YAY! Steph... I love it! All of it! Your entries are GREAT! BUT PLEASE promise me you'll put a picture of Dylan up every now and then... he is beautiful and inspirational!! :) Love you!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...