Thursday, November 11, 2010

pretty packages

Last night I didn't get home until 8:30 and I was feeling gloomy.  I had a meeting in Houston at 7:30 this morning and was tired after dealing with pesky deadlines, a sick Dylan and a broken car (Bob the Saab and I have a love-hate relationship and, thanks to a broken water-pump may be saying our good-byes soon).  I had spent the better part of the afternoon performing a rather impressive juggling act featuring these key players, but had finally picked Dylan, who was sleepy and smelled good, up from my parents' and found myself on my way home in my Dad's extended-cab, barbed-wire pin-striped Chevy who I affectionately named 'Barb'.

So, after climbing out of Barb, collecting my warm, yummy little one and feeling less than motivated about finishing even more work, I walked in the door to find this pleasant surprise waiting for me:


I had ordered a small, vintage bronze fawn from La Table Talk last week and came home to the sweetest little package.  I was so touched that I had to share.  To me, opening that pretty package was just as fun as getting my little fawn.  What a wonderful end to the day.  Truly, all is well that ends well.




Isn't he cute?  I really love him.

xo,
steph

p.s. After opening this, I saw my copy of Anthologie in the mail and almost died of pure excitement. A pretty package + a pretty magazine is almost too much to handle.


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...